Students are celebrating our best ever GCSE and technical results
UTC Derby Pride Park students are celebrating the best ever GCSE and technical results.
Students have completed technical qualifications in engineering or health and life sciences as well as GCSEs at the technical school for 13 to 19-year-olds based on Locomotive Way, Pride Park.
This year’s results have seen the following achievements:
• Nearly 20% of students have secured an apprenticeship.
• 100% pass rate in all core and technical subjects.
• 80% of students achieved a grade 4 or above in English.
• 76% of students achieved a grade 4 or above in maths.
• 73% of students achieved a grade 4 or above in English and maths.
• 67% of students achieved a Level 2 pass or above in technical areas.
• 63% of students achieved a grade 4 or above in combined science.
Overall, 100% of students have met or exceeded their target grades across all core subjects by an average of over a full grade.
Lee Kirkwood, Principal of UTC Derby Pride Park, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for our students in terms of their academic and technical success.
“Whilst they study with us, young people benefit from a well-rounded education and achieve the technical skills that employers need which is proven through our significantly higher than national apprenticeship destinations.”
He added: “I would like to wish our students all the very best with the next stage of their education and training.”