Watch our Virtual Health and Life Sciences Open Event to find out about our new education and technical skills programme, backed by the region’s top healthcare employers.
Hear from the NHS employers involved, learn about the variety of jobs that healthcare providers offer in the region and get details about the new specialism and qualifications.
The Derbyshire Health and Life Sciences Academy at the UTC will equip students with the skills they need to go into careers in health, life sciences, wellbeing and social care. Backed by the University of Derby, the initiative is launching in partnership with Joined Up Care Derbyshire, which comprises health and social care employers in the region.
The employers include Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Foundation Trust, Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust and University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust.
- 0:00 An Introduction to UTCs from Executive Principal, Nick Crew
- 3:58 About the Derbyshire Health Academy from Principal, Richie Wheatcroft
- 7:18 Faye Leatt, University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
- 21:42 Denise Baker, University of Derby
- 38:54 The Health and Life Sciences Academy offer
- 44:02 Q&A